Sperry Bilyea, Founder
I have been a serial entrepreneur influenced greatly by my family who are also serial entrepreneurs. My corporate background has been in the marketing, sales, customer service and business development in the medical and workplace wellness industry. I prefer to be involved with multiple projects with good partners that allow me flexibility with my time and to be there for my family. I have my own consulting company called Thrive by Design where I focus on helping fast-growth companies who need an extra hand. I love taking photos. I love the fabric lightboxes and therefore started Wallumination so I could enjoy my photos in my home. I am the co-founder of Shift Your Thinking a non-profit which helps families with kids that have learning differences, ADHD and anxiety.
Being a mom, hanging with family and friends, good books, beaches, health, hiking, forests, skiing, travel adventures, learning something new, nice paper, tennis, belly laughs, drop-ins, meeting new people, podcasts, cold glass of wine and any cheese, people who avoid the ‘b’ word, fresh bread, smoothies, and building a business that fuels my life. I love to share information into digestible bits of knowledge and connect people that can benefit everyone.
We only have one chance to have an awesome life. Flexibility is crucial for me so I can have time for my family and friends. Creating a business that my family can help me with teaches them many life lessons.
As children, my parents always encouraged us to find something we love to do, where there was no separation between work and play. My word for 2019 is tenacity.
I want to live an extraordinary life every day – where:
- I have my family and friends around me.
- I have my health.
- I have control of my time.
- I build an awesome business.
My Odds and Ends
- My Habit tendency (Gretchen Rubin) is Obliging. If you do not know about this framework it is a must.
- My love language (Gary Chapman) is Quality Time.
- My pet peeves are a sharp tone of voice, lack of action, not trying, line-budders, and no responses.
- I am currently working diligently on simplifying my environment, schedule, and routine.